Registration to play for Thirroul JFC in the 2018 season opens on January 3, and all school-aged players are eligible for a $100 rebate as part of the NSW Government's Active Kids Program, aimed at encouraging more children to participate in sport.
However, parents can not apply for the rebate until after January 31 so there have been some changes to the registration process to ensure they can use it for the 2018 season.
Those wishing to do so need to follow the directions below:
- Before finalising the registration process on myfootball.com.au, please select "Deferred Payment" via an "Add-on Item" button (at the invoice screen), which allows for $100 to be added to your transaction at a later date.
- You can then register and pay as normal, less $100 off the 2018 playing fees.
- After January 31, you must register on www.service.nsw.gov.au to obtain your "voucher code" for each child.
- Once you receive your "voucher code", return to the registration process for the eligible player in myfootball.com.au and enter the code.
- Upon doing so, please email details - including the name of the player - to firstname.lastname@example.org so that the club can ensure the rebate is received.
- Registrations will not be completed until this has been done.
The Active Kids rebate is available to every child aged between 4.5 years and 18 years in 2018 who is enrolled in school from Kindergarten to Year 12. This includes those who are home schooled or enrolled in secondary school education at TAFE NSW.
Each child is eligible to claim a $100 Active Kids rebate once in a calendar year to use for any sporting activity.
For further details about the Active Kids Rebate, please read the following attachment from the footballnsw.com.au website.